Mission and Vision
Our mission is to provide vital support and resources to individuals and communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. We aim to foster a sense of solidarity and collective action, ensuring that no one is left behind during these challenging times.
Our vision is to build resilient communities that come together to address the immediate and long-term needs resulting from the pandemic. We envision a society where individuals have equitable access to essential resources, support, and information, fostering a sense of belonging, empathy, and mutual aid.
At Covid Mutual Aid, we believe in a grassroots approach to community support and empowerment. Our approach is based on the following principles:
- Collaboration: We collaborate with local organizations, volunteers, and community members to identify and address the specific needs of different communities.
- Resource Mobilization: We work tirelessly to mobilize resources, both financial and in-kind, to ensure that individuals and communities have access to essentials such as food, healthcare, financial assistance, and mental health support.
- Information and Education: We provide accurate and up-to-date information on COVID-19, preventive measures, available resources, and support services to empower individuals and enable them to make informed decisions.
- Community Building: We strive to build strong and connected communities by organizing events, workshops, and support networks where individuals can come together, share experiences, and support one another.
- Advocacy and Policy Influence: We advocate for policies that address the systemic issues exposed by the pandemic, with the aim of creating long-term solutions and promoting social justice.
How it Works:
- Step 1: Find Your Local Group
Visit our website and use the “Find Your Local Group” feature. Enter your location to discover the Covid Mutual Aid group nearest to you.
- Step 2: Connect with Your Local Group
Contact the local group through the provided contact information. Introduce yourself and let them know about your needs or how you’d like to contribute as a volunteer.
- Step 3: Access Community Resources
The local group will guide you on accessing available community resources such as emergency services, food banks, financial assistance programs, and mental health support.
- Step 4: Participate in Community Activities
Get involved in community activities, workshops, and events organized by the local group to build connections, share skills, and receive support.
- Step 5: Support and Amplify
If you find value in the assistance you receive, consider supporting the Covid Mutual Aid efforts by volunteering, making a donation, or spreading the word within your network.